With the purchase of this book, you'll gain access to all the source code of a SaaS project template. The project template, written in PHP and MySql, will save you hundreds of hours of coding when building your SaaS application.
What this Book Teaches
The book walks you through the various aspects of SaaS development, including a detailed database design and all the PHP code needed to manage the database tables that most SaaS applications require.
The book is divided into 9 sections as follows:
- Introduction: API and API integration, financial considerations and expectations, some keys for success and more.
- Setting the Stage: Project structure, hosting considerations and code design issues.
- Database essentials: Detailed description of all the necessary database tables (e.g., Accounts, Payments, Parameters, etc.) along with the soure code to manipulate them.
- Building the Front-End: An overview of some of the front-end pages needed in any SaaS, such as customer sign-up and login pages, pricing page, contact page, testimonial page and other related issues.
- SaaS Administration: Monitoring system growth, searching, viewing & updating accounts, composing newsletters & communicating with your customers.
- Back-End Processes: Parallel and background processing, watchdog processes & daily database backups.
- Handling Payments: Implementing subscription payments with PayPal, dealing with and monitoring failed payments.
- Affiliate Programs: How to build an affiliate program, keeping track of affiliates and compensation models.
- Appendices: Customer service, dealing with competition, security issues & installing OAuth.